Because life is one big adventure ♥

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Phantom of the Opera in Manila

After years and years of hoping and wishing that my favorite musical would come to the Philippines, my prayers were finally answered!



Taken right before Act I started. 


..and this was taken at the end of Act I (during the intermission).



The chandelier suddenly lit up and was lifted up towards the ceiling. Goosebumps! Then Act II started shortly afterwards.


It was everything I expected it to be. Got chills, especially at the very beginning (and to be honest, it didn't disappear until the show ended! hehe) when the chandelier came to life during the auction scene. 

Favorite numbers would have to be: 'The Phantom of the Opera' (when the Phantom brings Christine to his lair, the set design was SO GALING), 'Masquerade' (goosebumps galore, love the costumes!!), and 'The Music of the Night (Reprise)' (the very last scene, which made me tear up). 

So happy they brought Phantom to Manila! Miss Saigon and Phantom have been ticked off of my bucket list,  there's still a lot more for us to go see together (Les Mis, Once On This Island, Jesus Christ Superstar, Grease - to name a few!).

No comments:

Post a Comment